Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Weird year

This year has been quite weird, in the perspective of all the festivals...
Christmas doesn't feel like Christmas to us... It just came and go... I guess excitement and hype is a norm to HOGC members so any "world-renown-big" festivals are consider small to us already...

New year seemed like 10 seconds. Though we had a great new year countdown and it was crazy, but it felt so fast to come and a blink-of-the-eye to go... Too fast... Too fun... Too furious... haha...

*Too fast, too furious 4 is coming out... I just saw the preview yesterday. It says "new models, new ..." I forgot what else because I was half asleep. haha...

Lastly, Chinese New Year is almost gone... Today is Tuesday and Wednesday will mark the beginning of sorrows!!! HAHA... exams are coming. aw... Usually, CNY is something that we all look forward to. Some look at the 'hong baos', some look at the relatives, some look at the food, while others look at the rest (as in sleep).

Let's talk a bit about mine... I have 2 visitation. 1 is to my maternal uncle's house, where my maternal immediate family would come together for reunion dinner. Next, would be to my paternal uncle's house where my paternal immediate family would come together to eat and hang out... So that sums up to 2 "Yu-sheng". Just that this year, 1 paternal uncle and aunt did not come. The aunt and her family went to Genting... and the uncle, just did not come.. Seldom see him anyway... So it was a little quiet, but nonetheless, I got to spend time with my cousins. I was playing with this young girl, justina. She is only 4, i guess.. haha. I taught her many hand games... (chi go pa, heart attack, "hand-slapping game", and many more that I do not have a name for...) If you are wondering about the slapping game, my hands were redder than hers because hers did not even turn red... haha... She has no-mercy! wahaha.
Then also get to talk to my cousins. There is only this lady, Eunice, who is same age as me, and she entered NTU, taking literature... So proud of her as a family... She has many many books. I was joking casually that her shelf has new addition every year. haha... This year was 3 thick literature books. (it is the size of a dictionary and bigger).

Well... there are many more things different this year that I won't be sharing here but I sure want to share it because it is spiritually awesome!
It doesn't take a happy occasion to make one's spirit happy.
It takes the spirit of a happy man to make any occasion happy.

So no matter what happens, what changes, what differences, your spirit controls it all... =)

By the way, there was an eclipse on Monday 4pm... Did you miss it?
I did...... haha...

No comments:

God has blessed us with this already!!

1) Growth - Mindset
2) Pastors
3) Conviction of the people - Idealism