Monday, October 20, 2008

Gratitude

This word 'gratitude' just rang my mind recently and now, so I am letting it out.
I have been praying for my pastors and my leaders daily for 1 week already and everyday my heart just gets warmer, and also, gratified.
If there is any one time where you experience an inability to express your deepest feelings for someone or something, that is how I feel towards Pastors and Leaders.
I thank God for 'tongues' for it truly expresses our feelings through the medium of the HS. No wonder, God calls HS the Comforter, the Helper, and many more... He is truly omnipotent-potent...

Last Sunday was Charleston's debut preaching in the main service, with around 400 people! I tell you, if you are not there, you missed a whole lot!
It was so anointed, and Charleston really seems so much like pastors...
I am so inspired. I bet you are too...

In a nutshell, Charleston taught us about the 3 characteristics that a leader should have, be it you are an existing leader or aspire to become a leader.
1) A leader bears the burden
2) A leader has the fear of God
3) A leader is dedicated and committed

1: Bearing the burden
It is so different but yet it is so important that in HoGc, we want to bear the burden of our psts and leaders. In many places, leaders arises for the sake of title and passion.

But deep down in the hearts and spirits of HoGc leaders, they truly do what they do, so as to reduce the burden and to help carry more.

2. Fear of God
Fear motivates. Fear prevents sinning.
Good fear keeps you in awe[of God] and draws you closer to know the truth.
Bad fear shows you're timid and makes you stagnant.
A leader do the things because they fear substandard; they fear mediocrity.
I pray because I fear losing the presence of God in my life.
I proclaim Christ because I fear people not given a chance to know about the truth!

3. Dedication and Commitment
A leader is dedicated to their people because they are God's people, and they are to bring their people towards their fullest destiny in God.
A leader is committed then even in times of fatigue and busyness, they still minister to their people whenever necessary.

It takes a different breed of people to be a HoGc leader. If you have what it takes, be proud of it.
I thank God that my Pastors and Leaders are carried my burden when I was down. So now I want to carry theirs!
I thank God again that they allow me to observe the way they live their lives fearing God and keeping holiness.
I thank God another time for they were dedicated to build me to be where I am today.
Therefore, gratitude is what I feel...

And here I have a video to show you about how a group of youth were showing their gratitude towards their leader.

Enjoy.. and be encouraged... This is Heart of God church...

No comments:

God has blessed us with this already!!

1) Growth - Mindset
2) Pastors
3) Conviction of the people - Idealism