Monday, March 23, 2009

Reality is here

Had a great week just passed... So many thoughts came to mind... There are so many things that I want to do... So before I do them all, I decide to think about it, sort out my thoughts, know what I want, see what I need. And I am going to do all these by blogging. =P


What motivated me:
1) The recent grumbling voices of peers. You would have hear many people saying "we are turning 20 soon!" Some of them "21!"... That really bring some feelings though the age itself does not make any diff... But as you talk about it long enough, reality kicks in... You are entering into a new phase of life... Trust me... If you don't see it yet, you need to talk to me! ha-ha...

2) Followed Pastor How to a conference. I had the privilege to follow Pastor How around and interact with some pastors and older people. There is something about older people that they think more, as they hold responsibility of things, particularly when they are serving full-time in church. They really are doing something, compared to any other other people in the world. The things they talk about, the concerns they have, the things they ponder upon... It just expanded my mindset, and stir up my growth juices. I need to "up" my thinking... hearing how Pastor evaluate and explore thought-flow pattern and scenarios just interest me... I need to go up to that level, MAN!!!

3) had a great LCA evaluation mtg w Roy and Fifi... It really helped me see where I am at now, and where I need to work on further. It was so good as I am clearer of myself now... In fact, a new thought dawn upon me... increasingly, as one rises up as a pastor, they are actually doing more administrative work than before... Even to the point of having minimal contact with people, even though they are supposed to love and pastor people... The truth is simple - they pastor people by planning better, sorting manpower wiser, making sure things happen nicely, help create opportunities for growth, teaching what is important, guiding whenever possible... It is a different ballgame. So I asked myself this question - do I want to carry on doing what I am doing now, or will I want to grow and change accordingly. There is also an invisible question as to whether you can even change or not. Some people just cannot seem to grow in admin skills. I pray that you all can, but then again... reality kicks in... You can't be sure of what happens.

4) had a insightful hang out with Charleston. Just knowing that he has ORD and is going on full-time in church made me salivate and then THINK MOre... I just can't seem to stop thinking, ha-ha... hearing his thoughts and insights and plans to work on just shows me how real this world is getting as our age is catching up.

Do you ever wonder why you don't think that much when you were younger? Like 14? or even 17? Why 20? hahaha.... Nonetheless, reality is here! I need to get serious!

So what do I want... here are some of it:

1) Know what I want. =P Pretty redundant to put this right? haha. But honestly, I want to know what I really want so I can do what I need...

2) Know what I like. Pastor Sy also mentioned about this during the seminar that from the age of 20 - 25 is when we start sorting out our likes and dislikes and having principles in our lives. I believe career is included here, fashion style tags along, passion leads the way, and increasingly becoming popular BGR is creeping up during this period too... Don't smirk, you are experiencing it. =p I can see you giggle. ha-ha... We are all... face it. reality is here. alastair, you are too young still (if you are reading this. ha-ha...)

3) Know what I dislike. This is the direct opposite. Well, it must tag along with number 2, i supppose. They are buddies. There must be boundaries, and not just 1 sided direction. So what do i dislike?
Faithlessness? Barrenness? Stagnance? over-anxiety?

4) Know what i need. Again, this is simply facing the reality. We are idealistic, but we cannot throw away the real world. We need things. Money, shelter, survival, etc... The difference is, we live in idealism, with a reality in mind. this is sustainable idealism! =)

A list of things that I want to achieve:
- Church finances. I want to move out of SingPost! pray for prosperity!
Deu 8:18 "It is God who gives us power to get wealth!" It shall be done!
- Church growth. Both quality and quantity!
Eph 4:16 "From whom the whole body is knit together, according to the effective power of each part, causes growth of the body and the edifying of itself in love!"
Growth in quantity / edifying in strength. That is why we must be in union!
- Leadership
Judges 5:2 "When leaders lead in Israel, and the people willingly offer themselves, bless the Lord!.
Psalm 78:72 "And he(David) shepherded the people with the integrity of his heart, and guided them by the skillfulness of his hands.
God, my prayer is that you help us in this, give us wisdom, let us be strong and be of good courage, lead us by your Spirit, raise up MORE leaders! Let discipleship be the flavor of the many generations to come!
- Connection, culture.
Isaiah 54:2 "Enlarge the place of your tent, And let them stretch out the curtains of your dwellings; Do not spare, lengthen your cords, and strengthen your stakes.
The spirit of Pastor Lia when she led the youth AGES ago will still be dominant in the generations to come. Let there be a double portion upon our leaders and members, the same love and heart and care be of preeminence in the bountiful number of CGs we will have.



A few thoughts from Pst Sy... I will not belabor the points. he is a great communicator, clear and such great rapport! So what Im really amazed...:
- Raising Sexually healthier kids in a world of risk (4 purposes for sex, what is God's intend for our sexuality, Immaturity versus Maturity, Insecurity versus Security, how and when to tell your kids about sex) I shall not disclose them so you may go and get the CDs or DVDs. =)

Okay, what i really liked:
- Many times, its not about what people intend for you that matters, but its how you perceive it. Same goes vice versa.
- Strong immune system kicks out unknown objects. Hmmm. it definitely applies to strong conviction kicks out unknown influences.
- Discipleship = reparenting. So true....
- feelings are temporary, consequences are permanent!
- you have no control as to falling into a problem, but you can definitely choose to get out of it.
- Vision pulls people out of problems. So So so true...
- Cannot be perfect, just be effective. IT HELPS SUPER LOT!!!!
- Recognising an unpreventable risk is half the battle won.
- A good parent is one whom their children approaches for advices, in happiness, and in sorrow. How true can this get for the spiritual view... Hmmm. A lot of reflection to do....

Thank you Pastor sy for teaching.
Thank you PASTORS for inviting.

its so real...

No comments:

God has blessed us with this already!!

1) Growth - Mindset
2) Pastors
3) Conviction of the people - Idealism